15+ Hopping Activities for Preschoolers to Jump, Jump, Jump Around!
Click here to read 15+ Hopping Activities for Preschoolers to Jump, Jump, Jump Around! on Hands On As We Grow®
Do your kids have an abundance of excess energy to get rid of? Try some of these awesome hopping and jumping activities today!
Give these Energetic Activities a try! You’ll love them!
Do your kids love to jump and hop everywhere?
If you answered ‘YES’, to either of these questions, then this post is for you.
My oldest daughter has always been a ‘jumping jack rabbit’. At one years of age she was jumping everywhere.
In fact, we knew she was awake in the am or after a nap because we could hear her hopping around in her crib.
She was only 15 months old when we bought her first trampoline.
Above any other toy, this was her favorite!
And still till this day, she’s in love with jumping. Every chance she gets she’s out on our big trampoline.
Benefits of Hopping and Jumping
Jumping is a developmental milestone that children will learn around age 2.
It is a whole body exercise that improves balance, coordination and muscle strength.
The most amazing thing about hopping is that there is almost always emotion expressed with it.
Do you remember that feeling you got when you jumped on a bed?
What about when you or someone else scored a goal? Did you jump up and down in excitement?
So let’s dig back into your inner child and create some more opportunities for your children to jump.
Indoor Hopping Activities
- Take the cushions and pillows off the couches and I bet you’ll hear giggles in no time.
- Who would of known that painters tape could be so much fun? Get rid of the wiggles in this tape jumping activity.
- Hopping around matching ball colors in this activity is sure to keep your kids entertained for awhile!
- Have some hopping fun with a pillowcase! So simple!
- Skip, hop, run and pop that bubble wrap in this great gross motor activity. What a great sensory activity to expend energy!
- All kids love to give high fives! Trace your child’s hand and they will love jumping up to give themselves a high five!
- Would you like to pick apples while hopping? I’m sure your kids would. Give this hopping Apple Activity a go!
Learning Activities with Hopping
- Preschoolers will love learning how to spell their name in this Name Hop Activity.
- Grab some chalk, write some letters and you’re set to have fun jumping around learning letter sounds.
- Do your kids love flowers? If so, they’ll have a blast counting and hopping in this super cute Flower Activity.
- Jumping to find the matching shapes is sure to burn off some of your kids excess energy in this activity.
- Hop, Skip and Jump your way to learning shapes!
- Jump or hop from number to number! Learning numbers is so much fun!
Outdoor Hopping and Jumping Activity Ideas
- This is the cutest Hopscotch I have ever seen. Inspired Treehouse’s Show Me Some Love activity is definitely going to pull on your heart strings.
- All that’s needed for this hopping activity is paper plates. Super simple, no-prep activity!
- Learning letters is so much fun when you’re jumping on a trampoline!
- Hula Hoops are the perfect piece of equipment to practice jumping! Check out these cool hula hoop activities!
- Sideways, forwards and backwards! Practice hopping on these super cool Monster Footprints for a monster of an activity!
So what are you waiting for?
Let’s get your kids jumping and hopping around!
Increase muscle strength, cardio vascular endurance and get all that excess energy out!
Jump, jump, jump away!