Random thoughts on the first day of summer:
1. We had a thunderstorm here last night. After 24 days without rain, watching the amazing display of thunder and lightning was amazing.
2. Our family posed for a family picture yesterday and right before the photo was taken, Buddy walked up and posed himself in the photo. I think he knew we were taking pictures and didn’t want to be left out.
3. Remember when I asked for your opinion on the laundry room paint colors? I can’t wait to show you the finished space on Monday. Here’s a hint. I went with the number one suggestion from all of you all.
4. It was an amazing week on the blog. We discussed how moms should teach math and I shared some of my favorite finds for outdoor dining and we talked about composting and how to start with a mini composter in your yard.
5. I almost got a vintage balloon mold at an estate sale yesterday. But I hesitated. And then? Someone else bought it instead.
I’m still regretting it.
Have you ever hesitated at a yard sale or estate sale and lost?
(total aside: I spent all day yesterday trying to think of ways to DIY it for my home.)
Let’s see what inspiration I found for us from around the web this week.
This simple DIY to make any container into a vintage crock.
I love vintage crocks, but they can be so expensive.
Make your own here.
Have you ever made a galette before?
Just between us, I’ve never heard of this term before.
I want to make one.
See the recipe here.
These simple plant tips.
I learned so much from her post.
Speaking of gardening goals.
Look at this amazing diamond pattern espalier.
In random news this week:
This home tour with TONS of color
How to shorten jeans
These DIY tables
Summer candles that smell like vacation
I’m going to try and make this
These amazing befores and afters
These non-fiction books that read like novels
Such a clever DIY
And this. If you skip all the other links, make sure to read this one.
And one more for the road
I get TONS of questions about how to mix patterns.
If you’ve ever wondered about your pattern mixing skills—I have a quiz for you.
You can see the quiz here.
Want to learn more about the secrets of patterns and how to mix them?
See tons more tips in my book, The DIY Home Planner (affiliate link).
HAPPY RANDOM SATURDAY TO YOU
The post Thistlekeeping appeared first on Thistlewood Farm.